Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, October 10, 2008

My Menu plan

Most people plan their menus for a Sunday through Saturday week. Well, I plan my menus for a Thursday - Wednesday week (it follows along with my Kroger sales better)

I actually did my grocery shopping for this menu last Thursday and Friday, Here's what we are having this week:

Chicken, corn and black bean Quesadillas

BLT with Avacado and broccoli on the side (I make mine with Turkey bacon to try and keep it healthy

Tacos & Spanish rice

Chicken Pockets (I'll post the recipe when I make them this week) and veggies

Chicken Tenders and Suddenly Salad

Grilled Cheese w/ bacon (again I used Turkey bacon) & chips

Baked Potatoes

I don't assign meals to a specific night of the week, I ask my love the night before what he wants for dinner and take out the necessary frozen ingredients before we go to sleep.

Want to see what the grocery shopping looked like for the meals above? After taking into consideration what I already have on hand in the pantry and freezer, I made my shopping list and spent just over $24 on everything I needed and added a lot of pasta and veggies to my stockpile (Please excuse the blurry pictures, I took them with my phone because I cannot find my battery charger for the camera since I moved)



In the picture above there is 9 bags of Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers (paid $.22 ea)

6 boxes of Ronzoni Smart Tast Paste (paid $.50 ea)

1 Bag rice, 1 Bag red beans

1 jar of Miracle Whip, Tortillas, Cream Cheese

In the picture above there is a head of lettuce, a tomato, an avocado, crescent rolls, and bacon

In the picture above there are 7lbs of grapes and a colgate toothpaste I bought at Target for $1.45

0 comments:

Print Coupons Here

eCourse

Photobucket           Click Here!

Money saving blogs

Frugal Hackers badge

Tools

Firefox 3