Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, September 19, 2008

Me and CVS just don't get along

Some of you may wonder why I don't publish the CVS deals on my blog...

Let me tell you why that is. First off, I personally do not like CVS anymore. The people that work in the stores around me are all rude, and have a serious attitude problem as soon as they see a coupon in your hand. The stores around where I live scrutinize the coupons and then try to make up reasons why I cannot do the deal I'm trying to do.

There was a sale a few weeks ago where the Covergirl foundation was on sale B1G1 free. I also had a B1G1 free coupon to pair up with the sale. Knowing good and well that the store I planned to go to would hassle me about this, I called the corporate office to confirm they would take the coupon with the sale. They told me that they would and if I had any problems to have the store call them.

After I go through the store, and picked out what I wanted, the games had begun. I went to the counter armed with my coupons and verbal ammo and the cashier fought back like I was trying to take her first born! Finally the manager came to the front and she told me that aside from "You cannot use a B1G1 free coupon with our sale", "You don't even have the right products".

I kid you not, I went back and forth picking out new foundation 3 times before it satisified the manager. Then she tells me again, "You cannot use your coupons when there is a B1G1 sale too". I told her I called corporate, and they said I could. She then looked me in the eye and said I was lying! She called corporate in front of me and told them what I was trying to do in a terrible tone of voice. After a couple minutes, I could see her facial expression change to a look of anger toward me. She hung up the phone, rang up my stuff, literally threw it in the bag, and sharply told me to have a nice day.

On a different note, I used to post the CVS deals. That was, until I received an email from them telling me that I had voilated their copyright terms.

Since those 2 incidents happened, I barely shop at CVS. The only time I do, is when I have extrabucks I need to use. You may wonder how I get them if I do not really shop there?

Well on occasion, I transfer a rx there and get a gift card, or I earn them by taking surveys for their Advisor Panel. Click here if you would like to sign up. I just completed a survey and after October 10th, I will have $10 ecb's available to use. On occasion I will redeem some of my MyPoints for a CVS gift card.

I am a Walgreen's gal these days, sorry CVS.

Do you have any horror stories to tell from a shopping trip you would like to share? Leave them as a comment below.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have found it to be a mixed bag. I have found a CVS store that gives me no hassle about coupons. AS a matter of fact a few even ask me if I have more coupons. It is very refreshing. I have felt the opposite though. At the CVS store I use to use one day they just informed me that they would only take one coupon per item, that included ECB's. I told them that was not corporate policy and they told me to take my business elsewhere and I did. I also tell my friends to stay clear of that CVS store.

Moviegirl20 said...

I love walgreens and only shop at CVs if I absolutely know that its crazy cheap or free.
I'm sorry your CVS people are so rude! That is awful.

Print Coupons Here

eCourse

Photobucket           Click Here!

Money saving blogs

Frugal Hackers badge

Tools

Firefox 3