Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, September 22, 2008

Ham and Swiss Crescent Braid

Here's a recipe that's a huge hit in my house:

It's called a Ham and Swiss Crescent Braid, and I thought that this would be a perfect time to post this, since almost all the ingredients have been on sale recently.


Ingredients:
2 8oz cans crescent rolls
3/4 lb ham, chopped (I used 1 package Black Pepper Ham from Land O Frost I got for free)
1 and 1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1 tablespoon brown spicy mustard
1 4.5 oz jar of mushrooms
(You can add 1 cup of broccoli into the mix, but we eat it on the side)


1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Roll out your Crescent rolls into one big sheet, you will want to do this over foil or wax paper since this will stick to counter tops and baking sheets and will be really hard to work with.


2. Chop the ham and put it in the bowl. Add the cheese, mayonnaise, mustard and mushrooms. Mix well.


3. Scoop the mixture from the bowl into the center of the dough. Try to leave about an inch from the ends to pinch the dough closed before baking


4. This is optional, Trim the edges of the dough as little as possible to create straight edges, being careful not to cut the foil beneath.

5. Using a knife, cut stripes into the dough 1 inch apart coming about 1/2 inch away from the mixture. Do this on the left and right sides (I added the black lines in so you could visualize this step better)


6. Alternate the stripes over the center of the mixture, and pinch the ends of the dough together to seal closed. (Optional - Brush the top with the beaten egg white, this gives more of a golden color, I don't usually do this step)


7. Bake in the oven 15-17 minutes, or until golden brown. (My oven takes 12 minutes, so make sure to pay attention or the bottom of this will burn)


Note: Since I was only cooking for my love and I last night when I made this, I only used 1 can of the crescent rolls, keeping everything else the same. It makes a meatier meal this way, and there was still half of it left over for today's lunch.

0 comments:

Print Coupons Here

eCourse

Photobucket           Click Here!

Money saving blogs

Frugal Hackers badge

Tools

Firefox 3